“The government has given me a number to simplify my birth, my life and death – but still my friends they think I’m awful important like the moon, the sea, the sun, the sky, and breath”- A new Avett Brothers song
So maybe you have been wondering what I am up to since I got home from my adventures, maybe you aren’t, and maybe you are not even reading this. But I am sure mommy still checks on a daily basis.
I was in Hamburg NJ for a weekend, I went to Philly to see Corinner! Donovan! and the animals! I then went to Lambertville, and currently I am back in Philly where we are expecting some severe thunderstorms tonight.
I am back with friends and it feels good. I have missed these people over the last 6 months and to come home to them is wonderful and it makes me feel good. I am not going to lie to you, however, I miss Grace (although having space is nice and we have had minimal communication this week), I miss the road, and I have had some anxiety since I have been back.
I have not decided whether or not to continue the blog, whether to go on hiatus until another adventure, or to keep up on a semi-regular basis. This is what I have been up to…
1. The first day home I did not change out of my pajamas, I exchanged new music with Woodsy for hours, I drank a beer before a time of day when society says its acceptable, and I ate tacos for dinner! It was a good day.
2. I went to the Warwick, NY farmer’s market where I instantly felt a twinge of sadness and jealousy. I wanted to be part of the market and not just a customer looking around. I got a free apple though.
3. I went to see Mike in Lambertville, NJ. We went on an awesome bike ride and shortly after I decided I wanted to relocate to Lambertville at the beginning of next year. More to come.
4. I am in back in Philly where I have been laying low. Today, I decided to go on a walk/run-mostly walk along the Schuylkill River Walk. It was hot as hell and I overestimated my ability to exercise in the middle of a heat advisory. It was only 5 miles yet I felt disoriented, my fingers were swollen and numb, and I couldn’t breathe. Luckily I had tucked a dollar in my shorts and there was someone selling water for 1 dollar. Yikes. I made it home safely.
5. Tomorrow I head back to Jersey, Sunday is “The Gun Show,” and Monday I start work again. Thats it. Way less interesting when I am not traveling the country and farming for no money, right?